The Lodge is small and cozy. Twenty three rooms are located in seven double store bungalows dispersed on the picturesque rocky cliff and surrounded by beautiful garden. The spectacular views of the turquoise waters of the Indian Ocean and Mnemba Atoll, will be a balm for your soul.
Thanks to its unique and remote location, far away from other hotels, Sunshine Marine Lodge offers peace and tranquility. You will enjoy music of the ocean and the warbling of different species of wild birds. You can unwind on the spacious verandas or balconies, take a plunge in the pool, go for a walk and explore the ocean floor exposed during the low tides, experience nice body massage or simply have a tasty Pinacolda drink and admire the views from the Bar.
It is an ideal place for:
Ocean lovers, divers, snorkelers, swimmers, adventure fans, marine life observers, wild nature lovers, couples, those freshly in love and those who enjoy each other for decades, honeymooners and divorcees, book lovers, food lovers, birds watchers, those who look for remote and quiet places, moon and stars observers…
We have free wireless internet for our guests.
- About 700 meters from the Lodge there is one of the last undeveloped beaches of Zanzibar – Muyuni beach, an amazing stretch of white sand.
- Our guests have exclusive access to a private beach area on Muyuni Beach, which features a restaurant, beach bar as well as umbrellas and sun lounges
- It is a great place to relax, sunbath or go for long walks and swim during low and high tide.
- The beach can be reached in about 15 minutes on foot during the low tide, by bike in about 10 minutes or by hotels car in about 6 minutes.
- This beach is fantastic, quiet and unspoiled.
restaurant & bar
- Our restaurant and bar serve a wide variety of delicious fresh food and drinks.
- Guests are invited to relax with a drink, read a book or play a game in the Boat Bar or the lounge areas around it: on the Upper Deck and in the Rock Garden.
- We offer accommodation with breakfast only or on Half Board basis (HB means a four course dinner).
- Our three swimming pools are a pleasant escape from the heat. Two of them are situated near the ocean, close to the Restaurant and Bar areas.
- The smaller pool is nice for cooling down with a drink and the bigger one – 20 meters long, proper swimming pool – allows to swim comfortably with the beautiful scenery in the background.
- The third pool is located in the Lodge’s Dive Center. It is specially designed for diving courses but everybody is welcome there.
- If you feel like leaving the hammock or the sun bed in search of doing something, our staff will help you with organizing a variety of activities.
- You can choose from reef walking, biking, deep sea fishing, kite surfing, spice tour, Stone Town tour…
- And of course you can also go scuba diving or snorkelling with our dive centre – Dive Point Zanzibar
Click here to download PDF with the full list of activities.